If you’re running an online business where you are selling products or services, you will need to have a dedicated invoicing system in place. Your clients and customers might require you to deliver an invoice, or you might be legally obliged to do so. Whatever be the case, many webmasters use third-party solutions to create and send invoices. However, for the purpose of this read, we will showcase the best free WordPress invoice plugins that can handle the job just as easily.
Why Use A Top Free WordPress Invoice Plugin?
While creating and sending invoices or quotes to your customers and clients you need to focus on a couple of things. First and foremost important detail would be whether or not the invoices are able to convey all transactional information properly.
On top of that, you will need to make your invoices brandable – sending generic uncustomized invoices will only create the impression that you are not professional or serious about your business.
And finally, it really helps if you can automate the entire process, so you don’t have to manually send all the invoices to your readers. This can be really problematic, especially if you have to deal with tons of orders.
With all that being said, most of the invoice plugins won’t give you access to all these awesome features. And the ones that do are mostly available as premium plugins. This is why we have taken the time and scoured the internet to bring to you the best FREE WordPress invoice plugins.
All the plugins listed below come with all the awesome features we mentioned to be necessary. And that’s not all, we also have some plugins that provide integration with third-party payment gateways and allows you to accept payments straight from the invoices.
If all that sounds good, then here is our list of the best free WordPress invoice plugins for generating invoices and quotes for your customers and clients:
Top Free WordPress Invoice Plugins
1. Sprout Invoices
Starting off our list of the best free WordPress invoice plugins, we have Sprout Invoices. The plugin allows you to create beautiful estimates and invoices for your clients, completely customizable to your requirements.
The plugin is available in both free and pro versions where the basic features are catered to the free users and more premium features are saved for the premium customers.
- Option to create potentially unlimited invoices customized to your theme styling.
- Advanced reporting and client management.
- Support for recurring invoices and subscription payments. (premium)
- Seamless integration with all popular payment gateways. (limited with free)
- Integration with popular form builder plugins like Formidable, Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, and WP Forms.
And much more.
2. WooCommerce PDF Invoices
WooCommerce PDF Invoices plugin is an add-on for the WooCommerce plugin. It can help you automate the invoicing process by automatically generating invoices once a customer makes a purchase and sending it to that customer. You will also get access to dedicated invoice templates and customization options to help you out.
- Automatically creates PDF invoices and sends them to customers.
- Option to manually create and delete PDF invoices.
- Attach PDF invoices to multiple WooCommerce email types.
- Easily connect with Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Supports tons of different PDF invoice templates.
And much more.
3. WebToffee WooCommerce PDF Invoices
Much like the above plugin, WebToffe WooCommerce PDF invoices will help you create PDF invoices, as well as packing slips, delivery notes, and shipping labels to streamline your eCommerce business. The invoices will be generated automatically, but you will need to create the other files yourself.
Also, none of the files are sent to your customers automatically and you need to provide them yourself. The user can also download their required files like the invoice from their My Account page.
- Create customizable email invoices, PDF invoices, packing slips, delivery notes, shipping labels, and dispatch labels.
- Automatically generates customized invoice numbers with customizable prefix, suffix, and padding.
- Option to download PDF invoices from the admin page.
- Logged-in customers can download their invoices from their My Account page.
And much more.
4. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
Here we have a popular WooCommerce extension that can automatically add PDF invoices with order confirmation emails that are sent to your customers. You will also get access to basic invoice templates which can also be customized to fit your branding.
The invoices can be downloaded by your customers from the My Account page, whereas you (the admin) can download the invoices as well as packing slips from the WooCommerce order admin panel.
- Automatically attaches invoice PDF to WooCommerce emails.
- Can generate PDF invoices and packing slips with sequential numbering.
- Get access to tons of customizable HTML/CSS invoice templates.
- Customers can download invoices straight from My Account page.
- Premium extensions are available to help you integrate additional functionalities.
And much more.
5. Sliced Invoices
With Sliced Invoices, you get a dedicated invoicing system packed with tons of features all wrapped up inside an easy to use intuitive interface. It can help you create invoices for your customers and generate quotes for your potential clients to help make your job easier.
Each invoice and quote can be easily customized according to fit your branding. On top of that, you will get flexible tax settings along with option to leave comments on each quote you send. The client also has the option to directly accept or reject the quote.
- Helps you create and send quotes and invoices to your clients and customers.
- Tons of customization to carry your branding on your invoices.
- Flexible tax settings.
- Supports tons of free and paid extensions to extend functionality.
- Integration with PayPal Express Checkout and even Bank transfers.
- Option to comment on quotes.
- Clients can accept or decline a quote.
And much more.
6. WooCommerce PDF Builder
This plugin gives you a basic WooCommerce PDF Invoice Builder that you can use to create your own custom invoices, packing slips, credit notes, and much more. However, you are not limited to this and the plugin can help you create almost any type of PDF using simple drag and drop gestures.
You will get access to tons of customizable fields and tables which you can use to create a rich UI. A dedicated styler is also bundled in giving you control over the color and font size of the invoices. Once you have created a PDF, you can download it from your dashboard or send them to your customers using WooCommerce email.
- Option to create a PDF using simple drag and drop.
- Get access to tons of customizable fields and tables with option to create your own PDF templates.
- Dedicated style designer to help you change color and font size.
- Option to download PDF directly to your dashboard.
- You can even send the PDF invoices to your customers through WooCommerce email.
And much more.
And now for the final entry in our list of the best free WordPress invoice plugins, we have Invoicing. Much like all the other plugins on the list, this can help you create invoices to send to your customers. However, it also comes with integration with third-party payment gateways, which allows you to send payment links with your invoices.
The plugins also come with built-in features that let you handle taxes and other functionalities. On top of that, you get to add extra extensions and add-ons to help integrate other features and functionalities into the plugin.
- Allows you to create and customize quotes and invoices to send to your clients and customers.
- Option to embed a payment that clients can use to pay you directly through the invoice.
- Integration with popular Payment Gateways – PayPal Standard, Authorize.net, and so on.
- In-built options to help you manage taxes.
- Tons of add-ons and extensions to help you integrate other functionalities.
And much more.
So these were our picks for the best free WordPress invoice plugins. Do let us know if you found the read to be useful and whether it helped you with your business. As you can see, we have included plugins that can help you create and send customizable email invoices and even invoice PDF. Not to mention there are plugins that can help you accept payments as well.
Now, our experienced users are urged to comment about which invoice plugin (either mentioned or not in the list) they use in their own business and how it helped. Your insight will be highly appreciated and it might even help out a fellow reader with their own project.
Now, you may also want to check out our handpicked list of the best free CRM WordPress plugins to maintain healthy relationship with your customers.