The secret to ranking higher on the search engines doesn’t involve optimizing your website as best as possible, but doing your SEO better than your competitors. This is why, you need to start analyzing the marketing tactics and SEO strategies employed by your competitors, so you can outperform them. In this regard, using an SEO tool can be extremely helpful in collecting and organizing competitor data.
Why Do You Need To Use SEO Tools?
An SEO tool can make you more productive and streamlines the research process. In a matter of minutes, you will get access to a wide array of data including information about the backlinks, keywords that provide the best ROI, and much more.
With all this data at your fingertips, you can start taking actionable steps to improve your SERP ranking asap. It saves you the time from doing manual research which could have taken ages to complete.
And now, that you understand the benefits of using an SEO tool, here is our comprehensive list of the 8 Best SEO Tools To Get Higher Rank On The SERP.
So without further ado, let’s get started:
Top Free and Premium SEO Tools
1. SEMrush (Premium)
Starting off our list we have SEMrush – a premium SEO tool that will help you with keyword research, track keyword ranking, check backlinks, find competitor rankings, and even do an SEO audit of your blog/website. It also provides a collection of valuable tools that can help you with SEM a.k.a. Search Engine Marketing.
All SEMrush tools can be divided into three categories. This includes tools that give you detailed analytical reports on your sites’ SEO performance. Then there are tools to help you with keyword comparisons and domain comparisons. And lastly, You get access to a bunch of project-focused functionalities, like social media tracking, brand monitoring, on-page SEO checker, and much more.
- An impressive collection of SEO and SEM centric tools and functionalities.
- Competitive intelligence functionalities to help you always stay on top of your competition.
- Support for content marketing features.
- Tools to help you with link management.
- PPC features to help keep track of your SEO campaigns, and ROI tracking.
And much more.
2. Moz Free SEO Tools (Free)
Moz is one of the leading resource hubs for people looking to gain an in-depth knowledge regarding search engine optimization. Originally built as a SaaS (Software as a Service) company, Moz is home to plenty of free SEO tools that can help you climb up the search engine ladder. The most basic out of these features would be the keyword research SEO tool which will let you get a detailed overview regarding the keyword strategy used by your competitors’ websites.
Other notable features include a keyword explorer, link explorer, and a dedicated MozBar extension which gives you a detailed insight on the social and page metric of any site you visit. You will even get access to SEO tools to help you with Local Marketing. A premium version called Moz Pro is also available which offers many more advanced features and functionalities.
- Research tools to help you find the best keywords to target alongside link building opportunities to build your SEO score and domain authority.
- The MozBar extension can help you get analytical insight on the page and social metric of any webpage you visit.
- Local Marketing tools to help you manage how your business appears in local searches.
- Detailed graphs to help you analyze visitor’s activity on your website. (premium)
- A full keyword audit of your pages with recommendations to improve your score. (premium)
And much more.
3. AuthorityLabs (Premium)
AuthorityLabs SEO tool can help you with reliable and accurate SEO monitoring, track local ranking, mobile ranking, and even help recover “not provided keywords”. Its intuitive UI makes it super easy to use and beginner-friendly, ensuring that even people new to SEO can find their way and understand the results without any problem.
Now, AuthorityLabs is a premium SEO tool that’s affordably priced, with features that make it ideal for small-scale entrepreneurs looking to scale their business. All the reports generated by the software are very insightful, as well as actionable, making sure that users can start making the correct adjustments to their SEO strategies asap.
- Extremely user-friendly with an intuitive UI and an easy setup process.
- Comprehensive analysis of competitor websites with the option to recover non-provided keywords that are also generating traffic.
- Global and local tracking to give you a clear picture of how your business stands with respect to the competition.
- Custom reports designed to be insightful and actionable. Option to schedule the reports according to your convenience.
- Domain grouping.
- Option to keep track of your mobile ranking.
And much more.
4. Google Keyword Planner (Free)
Google Keyword Planner comes directly from the search giant – Google. It is a basic free to use SEO tool, and as the name suggests, can help you figure out the right keywords to target. With that being said, it is worth noting that the tool is a part of Google Adword’s PPC platform and directly integrates with the service.
Now, as far as using the tool, you will get access to two options – search for new keywords, or find search volume, and forecasts for a particular keyword. In the first case, you enter a URL or keyword, and the tool will fetch related keywords complete with search volume and competition level. The second feature will give you access to forecasts, negative keywords, and historical metric on the provided keyword(s) or keyphrase(s).
- Generates keyword ideas based on a provided keyword or keyphrase.
- Keyword suggestions comes with search volumes and competition level.
- Adsense integration lets you see how much an Adsense ad campaign for that particular keyword would cost.
And much more.
5. Raven Tools (Premium)
Raven tools is designed as an all-in-one SEO tool platform with options to help you manage social media conversations, online ad campaigns, and of course – your site’s SEO. Its suite of features can help you do research and analysis on search terms, understand search engine trends, manage link building, monitor social traffic, and much more.
By and large, you get access to 6 amazing SEO and reporting tools. This includes a site auditing tool, keyword and competitor research option, backlink analyzer, rank tracker, PPC+Social+Email tracking and reporting, and detailed report generation giving you access to comprehensive SEO data.
- SEO tools to help you increase your search engine traffic.
- Advertising tools to help your SEM.
- Social media tools that give you a detailed insight on user behavior on social media platforms.
And much more.
6. SEOquake (Free)
Unlike the other SEO tools on the list, SEOquake is a browser plugin that gives you access to tons of useful SEO metrics for every page you visit on the internet. You can even embed it directly in your search engine results page for quicker access. Once installed and running on your browser, you get access to different parameters which you can select to choose what you want to analyze on the webpage.
As you can imagine, it is a pretty basic and easy-to-use SEO tool. Reports are generated in a matter of seconds, which adds to the overall user experience. And best of all, all these analysis and reporting are handled for free and supported by all major browsers.
- Works as a browser add-on.
- Get instant SEO summary of any webpage you visit.
- A dedicated SEO Dashboard to conveniently view the reports.
- Also helps with keyword analysis.
And much more.
7. SERPs (Free)
SERPs is an online rank tracking software that can help you seamlessly search and track thousands of keywords for different search engines, relevant to different languages on multiple devices located at different places. And the most important part is that all these reports are generated for you – every single day. It is one of the best SEO tools to help you always have that competitive edge.
Other notable features include keyword tagging, access to a large keyword research database with over 1 billion terms, a real-time bulk rank checker, option to rank index charts, perform SEO tests, and much more. And the best part is that all this information is relaid onto an intuitive dashboard interface.
- Comprehensive keyword tracking software with daily reporting.
- Tracks keywords rank based on search engines, language, device, and geographical locations.
- Google Analytics Integration.
- Access a keyword database with over 1 billion terms.
- Bulk rank checker for over 250 keywords.
- Backlink Explorer powered by Moz.
And much more.
8. Answer The Public (Free)
Answer The Public is a free-to-use, simple visual keyword research tool that also doubles as a keyword idea generator. All you have to do is enter a keyword and hit the “Get Questions” button, and the SEO tool will generate a plethora of different content ideas based around the given keyword.
You will get access to at least hundreds of questions relating to the given keyword. It will also start to generate other long-tail keywords and key-phrases by using the given term a proposition and even create some interesting “verse” content relevant to the keyword.
- Works as a keyword generator or a content idea generator.
- Get access to hundreds of questions and different content topics surrounding the given keyword.
So these were our picks for the top 8 SEO tools for securing a better rank on the SERP. We hope you found the read useful and that it can help you get more organic traffic to your website. Don’t forget to write about which SEO tool stood out to you the most, and you are planning to use in your marketing.
In this regard, experienced users are encouraged to share their reviews and viewpoints if they have used any of the SEO tools mentioned in the list. You can even write about other SEO tools which helped you secure a higher rank on search engines. Your insight will be highly beneficial to your fellow readers, especially the ones you are just starting out on the SEO journey.