WordPress popup plugins create a direct impact on your social fan base. They attract your visitors and convert them to follow you on various social media sites. They outgrow your email listing numbers and help you target your potential visitors with style. However, to make such a breathtaking impact; you need a beautifully designed pop-up; you need WordPress popup plugins.
Remember, boring, and default pop-ups can be annoying, ineffective and can irritate the customer or visitor that visits your site. Conversely, high performing popup can help you convert fast. Some websites have grown substantially due to beautifully designed pop-ups; they have outperformed the average traditional landing page.
So, what do you thinking now? Attract your visitors; grow your email list by creating an appealing popup form? Alternatively, irritate your visitor with a default boring popup?
The decision is yours; avail the benefits of WordPress popup plugins. WordPress popup plugins are free, attractive, appealing and can help you gain more subscribers.
Let’s look into some of our handpicked WordPress popup plugins.
Top Free WordPress Popup Plugins
1. Popup Builder – Responsive WordPress Pop Up – Subscription & Newsletter
Popup Builder developed by Sygnoos allows you to create beautiful, and powerful promotional modal popup for your WordPress site. With the help of this plugin, you can attract your visitors, grab their attention and inform them about your product offerings, discounts and promotional offerings with a BANG!
Key features of Popup Builder
- Allows users to create and manage unlimited popups
- Offers customization options, animation effects and various popup themes for its user
- Users set the popup after a certain amount of page scrolling
- Allows users to change the content background color
- Users may set popup location on the screen
- And much more
Most importantly, Popup Builder adds customizable lightbox that enables awe-inspiring popup windows on users’ WordPress site. It will help you insert any content into your popup and post it into any page or post quickly and easily. It offers a wide range of options from HTML popup, image popup, Facebook popup, shortcode popup, subscription popup, newsletter or PDF popup. Now the decision is yours; chose the popup you like, customize it your way and place it on your site. Make a stance with Popup Builder!
2. Popups – WordPress Popup
Popups developed by Timersys is a popular, recommendable popup plugin that can display multiple popups on any page, post, and template and anywhere you like. With the help of this plugin, you can view essential messages in the form of EU cookie notice and increase your social followers, add a call to action, increase your mailing lists or display any message with a simple popup.
Key features of Popups
- Offers five different popup locations
- Users can choose the trigger popup period; after X seconds, scrolling % of the page, scrolling x pixels.
- Customization options; change the color, background, text, borders and many other options
- Compatible with AJAX
- Offers various filter options; mode filter user from search engines, via roles, that arrived from another page and those who never commented.
All the above features are for free. However, if you want to avail additional features; such as A/B testing, background images, animation effects, timer for auto closing, various popup positions and track impressions. Then, you need to avail their premium version starting from $ 39 for a single site. Learn more about Popups or install it; the decision is yours.
3. Popup Maker – Responsive Popup, Exit Intent Popup, Email Optins, Autoresponder & More
Popup Maker another free and flexible WordPress popup plugins that can help you create any modal or content popup for your site. With the help of this plugin, you can easily create EU cookie notices, optin popups, modal forms and many more. If you are in search of a popup plugin that offers image popup, countdown pop, HTML popup, video pop, subscription popup, contact popup social popup, iFrame popup, age restriction popup, option popup, spinner popup, Facebook popup or Google popup; then Popup Maker is your need. Most importantly, you can combine them into one popup; it depends on your creativity.
Key features of Popup Maker
- Allows users to create and manage unlimited popups
- Users can use templates, animation effects, and beautiful opt-in forms
- Customize the popup as you like; select the location of the screen, change the background color, overlay color, and customize opacity.
- Enable popup responsive mode
- Triggers allow users to trigger a popup
- Popup editor helps the user build any content
4. WP Post Popup
WP Post Popup developed by Allure Web Solutions is another powerful popup plugin that can help you turn any post, page or external page into the popup. So, if you want to show the basic content pages without redirecting your users to another page then, WP Post Popup is your right choice.
Key features of WP Post Popup
- Trigger popup on page load using a URL parameter
- Offers multiple popup links
- Users have the option to show external pages in the popup and only a specific section from an external page
- Offers toggle simple styling
- Visual editor button for easy popup link creation
- Compatible with Contact Form 7, BuddyPress, and Visual Composer
5. Popup Anything On Click
Popup Anything On Click developed by WP OnlineSupport is a powerful modal popup that will help you add unlimited popups on your WordPress site with a simple click on the link, image or button. So, with the help of a simple shortcode, you can set any content to your popup and insert it into any page, or post you like.
Key features of Popup Anything On Click
- Allows users to set various popup positions; center, top left, bottom left, bottom right, center left and center right
- Users may avail numerous custom animation effects; fadien, slide, fall, flip, blur, rotate and many more
- Set popup location on screen
- Offers wide range of popup options; full screen, responsive, on click HTML, and image popup.
All the above features are for free. However, if you want to avail extra features get hooked with their premium version. It’s premium version is offering 17 additional effects, customize popup background color, font color and image background and various other customized options starting from $69 per year for a single site. Learn more about Popup Anything On Click or install it.
6. Popup By Supsystic
Popup By Supsystic offers an intuitive admin panel that will help you easily customize popup location, size loading and closing options. With the help of this plugin, you can add an unlimited number of popups with unique configurations, add a shortcode to any post and place it anywhere you like.
Key features of Popup By Supsystic
- Offers 69 mobile friendly popup templates
- More than 18 popup types
- Offers various popup location
- More than 20 opening animation effects
- It Offers popular popup types; such as subscription, social share, iFrame PDF, age verification, full screen, Google maps, notification bar, Facebook and many more.
Most importantly, Popup By Supsystic is also offering A/B split testing for free. With the help of this, you can choose the best way to show your popups and experience them in real times. It is also offering real-time stats and analytics for analyzing the best-chosen popup.
7. Popup Maker – Popup Forms, Optins & More
Popup Maker, the most popular popup plugin in the WordPress repository, is exceptionally versatile and flexible. This highly recommendable plugin can help you create any popup, modal or content overlay for your WordPress site.
Key features of Popup Maker
- It has a simple and easy to use interface
- Allows users to easily create their cookies for close the popup, open the popup and convert
- Offers a wide range of triggering options
- It gives a few shortcodes to trigger, close button and b=subscription form
- Perfect for mobile devices
8. HubSpot All-In-One Marketing – Forms, Popups, Live Chat
HubSpot All-In-One Marketing is another free marketing plugin and an integrated free contact database (CRM) that offers lead capture tools like forms, popups, and live chats. So, if you want to capture form submissions from your WordPress site and automatically add them to a fully integrated WordPress CRM(even if they come from a different tool); then HubSpot is your ultimate choice.
Key features of HubSpot:
- Offers a drag and drop builder to create forms
- A highly interactive dashboard
- Easily add user-friendly popups
- Offers simple email automation option
- Users can easily connect to MailChimp, Shopify, Magneto and many more.
9. Popups, Welcome Bar, Optins, And Lead Generation Plugin – Icegram
Icegram our last recommendation, yet it is one of the best plugins that offers tons of features. With the help of this plugin, you can add popups to your site easily and quickly. That’s not all!
It offers overlays, inlines, floating action bars, messenger slide-ins for live chat integration, toast notifications, sidebar, interstitials, tabs, stickies, ribbons, and badges. Impressed? Let’s look into more detail
Key features of Icegram
- Provides users with more than 20 beautiful, mobile responsive design templates
- Offers various advanced targeting optins like page level targeting, time-based targeting, user-based targeting and device based targeting
- Provides in-depth stats for the performance of optins
- Provides an easy HTML based integration with email services like MailChimp, InfusionSoft, GetResponse, Email Buddy and many more
- Compatible with third party plugins like Jetpack, Gravity, Contact Form 7 Visual Form Builder and many more.
However, if you want to split various test aspects of the optins then you need Icegram premium add-ons in their max plan for just $ 147.
That was all! We have narrowed down the best WordPress popup plugins for your convenience. All the above options will help you create a popup you want. So, choose the one that suits your need. Some plugins offer A/B testing, some exhibit an easy interface, while others provide advanced targeting option. Some are free, while others hold a premium version.
It all depends on your need, and you want.
So which popup plugin did you chose for your WordPress site? Are you opting for a free version or a premium version? Share your comments in the comment section below!
We hope this guide helped you find the best popup plugin for your WordPress site. If you like this article, you might also want to learn how to add web push notification in WordPress to increase repeat visitors.