- Create backups for a specific child site
- Set backup schedules for all of your child sites
- Connect with your remote storage for child sites(for WPvivid Backup Pro only)
- Set custom WPvivid Backup Plugin and WPvivid Backup Pro settings and sync to child sites
- Install and claim WPvivid Backup Pro on child sites in bulk
How to Install and Setup WPvivid Backup for MainWP Extension?
Like all the other extensions for MainWP, MainWP WPvivid Backup Extension works on top of that the WPvivid Bakcup Plugin is installed on the child Sites. Therefore it follows a two-step installation process where you first install the extension on your Dashboard site(main site) and then install the WPvivid Backup plugin on child sites.
Step 1. Install MainWP WPvivid Backup Extension on your Dashboard site
WPvivid Backup for MainWP works as an individual WordPress plugin, and installation process is the same as any other WordPress plugins.
1. Log in to your MainWP dashboard site.
2. Go to Plugins, click Add New.
3. In the search bar type in WPvivid Backup for MainWP.
4. Click Install and Activate.
5. Next, go to your MainWP Dashoboard > Extensions page and check the extension in the list.
The extension is now successfully installed on your MainWP dashboard site.
Note: If you have many ManinWP extensions installed, please scroll down the Extensions dropdown to find WPvivid Backup extension.
Step 2. Install the WPvivid Backup Plugin on Your Child Sites
Install the WPvivid Backup Plugin
1. Go to your MainWP Dashboard > Plugins > Install.
2. In the Search form, enter “WPvivid Backup Plugin” and select the plugin.
3. Select the child sites where you wish to install the plugin.
4. Enable activate plugin after installation and Overwrite existing version(recommended) option.
5. Click on the Complete Installation.
Note: Make sure you will hit the “Sync Dashboard with Child Sites” button on your MainWP dashboard if you have WPvivid Backup Plugin or WPvivid Backup Pro installed previously on the child site or whenever you make any changes to a child site, for example, install/deinstall, activate/deactivate WPvivid Backup Plugin.
Now, WPvivid Backup Plugin has installed and activated on your child sites. If you are a premium user of WPvivid Backup plugin, you’ll also need to install WPvivid Backup Pro on child sites.
Install WPvivid Backup Pro
1. On your MainWP Dashboard > Plugins > Install, click Upload .zip file and upload your WPVIVID-BACKUP-PRO.ZIP file.
2. Select the child sites where you wish to install the plugin.
3. Enable activate plugin after installation and Overwrite existing version(recommended) option.
4. Click on the Complete Installation.
5. Click Sync Dashboard with Child Sites.
Now you are all set to manage your child sites backups using WPvivid Backup for MainWP extension on you MainWP dashboard.
How to Use MainWP WPvivid Backup Extension?
Once the extension is successfully installed on your MainWP dashboard site, it will directly appear in the extension list. You will find four tabs comprising of options to help you tweak around with the different WPvivid Backup plugin settings for all your child sites:
- WPvivid Backup Dashboard
- Schedule Tab
- Remote Tab
- Setting Tab
WPvivid Backup Dashboard
WPvivid Backup Dashboard provides you a great overview of all your child sites where you have the WPvivid Backup plugin installed. From the dashboard, you can check all your connected child sites. with For a specific child site, you can click the site name to open the site’s overview page on your MainWP dashboard, click on the arrow icon to redirect you to the site’s admin area, check a report of it’s latest 10 backups, find the version of WPvivid Backup plugin(or WPvivid Backup Pro) on it also create a manual backup of it.
Anther important information here you should always note on WPvivid Backup dashboard is the settings status(General or Individual) a child is using.
There are two different settings type:
General: Only when a child site is set to General, you are able to sync the global configurations, for example, backup schedules, plugin settings and remote storage to the site, or the site will not show up in the child site list when you choose to sync a global configurations to all your child sites.
Individual: When you see a child site’s settings status is Individual. It stands for that the site is using it’s own backup schedules, plugin settings and remote storage.
How to set the settings status for a child site?
From your MainWP Dashboard >> Sites on the left-side bar >> Click on the site to open the site overview >> WPvivid Backups tab.
On the top of the page, switch off/on the Overwrite Settings option for the child sites and click the Save button, then click on the Sync Dashboard with Child Sites button.
Switching off the Overwrite Settings option will set the site’s settings status to General.
Switching on the Overwrite Settings option will set the site’s settings status to Individual.
How to verify the whether the settings status of a child site?
From your MainWP Dashboard >> Extensions on the left-side bar >> on the WPvivid Backup Dashboard check, check the settings status of a site from the list.
Schedule: Set up An Automatic Schedule for child sites
Before you create and sync schedules to child sites, make sure that the settings status of the sites is set to ‘General’.
WPvivid Back Plugin free version
If you are using WPvivid Backup plugin free version on your child sites, you will be able to schedule backups for all your child sites.
To do this, on the Schedule tab, check the option: Enable backup schedule.
Now, you will need to choose the backup frequency:
- Every 12 hours
Once done, select what to back up – either your entire site or just the database or files.
You will also be able to choose where you want to store the backups.
- Store them on localhost of child site(your WordPress site’s web server).
- Remotely store them to FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, DigitalOcean Spaces. Note that when you choose this option, the local backup will be deleted after uploading to remote storage completely.
After that, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Lastly, select the child sites you want to the schedule to take effect and save the changes.
WPvivid Back Plugin Pro
If you are a WPvivid Backup Pro user, Switch to WPvivid Backup Pro mode then Save change from the top of the page.
From the pro schedule tab, you can set up a schedule for child sites the same way as you do in the schedule tab for free version.
Plus the additional options to create multiple backup schedules, customize the backup content and start timing of the schedules for child sites.
Remote: Connect and send backups to remote storage (for WPvivid Backup Pro only)
Setting global remote storage for child sites is only available for WPvivid Backup Pro users.
Before you start, make sure that you’ve switched to WPvivid Backup Pro mode and the settings status of the child sites is set to ‘General’.
How to add remote storage for child sites in bulk?
From the remote tab, choose the remote storage you want to add for your child sites.
- Amazon S3
- DigitalOcean Spaces
Note: The global configuration is not available for GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive due to authorization mechanism, you can get authorization in child sites.
Enter the credentials then click Save and Sync button.
On the page that opens, check the child sites that you want to add the remote storage to. You can also enter a custom folder name for each child site so that you can store each site’s backups in their custom folder in the remote storage.
Once you’ve successfully added the remote storage, it will appears in the list of storage. From the list you can edit the remote storage credentials, remove the remote storage from the list and sync a remote storage to child sites.
Settings: Configure WPvivid Backup Plugin settings for child sites
The Settings tab allows you to edit General settings, Advanced settings, Staging settings of WPvivid Backup Plugin(free and pro) for your child sites:
- backups retention in localhost
- backups retention in each remote storage (for WPvivid Backup Pro only)
- Name backup folder
- Display domain(url) of current site in backup name
- Optimization mode for web hosting/shared hosting
- Backup archive option
- Database access method
- File compressing option
- Exclude files from backup
- PHP script execution timeout
- PHP memory limit for backup
- Task retrying times
Staging Settings (for WPvivid Backup Pro only):
- DB copy count
- File copy count
- Max file size
- Staging memory limit
- PHP script execution timeout
- Task retrying times
Please switch to WPvivid Backup Pro mode then save change from the top of the page if you are using WPvivid Backup Pro on your child sites.
Once you done with the settings, click the Save Changes and Sync button at the bottom of the page.
On the page that opens, select the child sites you want to the settings to take effect and save the changes. Before you create and sync schedules to child sites, make sure that the settings status of the sites is set to ‘General’.